FRIDAY, JAN. 25
n The Logan Home show will take place from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Cache County Event Center. This event showcases products like energy savings windows, virtual reality glasses, leafguard, hoverboards, heat depot, pillows, shoe tub, custom fountains and much more. Tour local and national vendors with products and services for your home, garden and family living. Live demonstrations and food samples available. Adults and kids get in for free. For Exhibitor Opportunities, call 1-800-201-HOME or 720-227-0576. For more information, go to https://www.loganhomeshow.com/.
n The Cache Venue will host Blues and Balls at 6:30 p.m. at the Cache Venue, 119 S. Main Street, Logan. New York-based chef Paul Vaslet will cook and Logan-based band Blue Blazers will perform. Event is $20. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and dinner is served around 7 p.m. For more information, contact Cache Venue at 770-5156.
n Mountain Crest High School will host “The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber” at 7 p.m. at the school, 255 S. 800 East, Hyrum. The show, also scheduled for 7 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, will feature a live orchestra and showing selections from Webber’s greatest shows. Cost is $5 for K-12 students and senior citizens, $7 for general admission.
n Utah State University will host the American Piano and the Brigham Young University percussion duos at 7:30 p.m. in the Caine Performance Hall on the USU campus. The event is free. For more information, contact
n Utah State University will host Linda Phyllis Austern, a professor at the Northwestern Bienen School of Music, who will speak at 5 p.m. on campus in the Family Life Building in the Caine Room.
n The WhySound Venue will host Steinway, Almost Amateur, Melancholy Club and Hoppy at 7:30 p.m. Cost is $8.
SATURDAY, JAN. 26
n The Logan Library will host “Write @ The Logan Library” at 10 a.m. in the library, 255 N. Main Street. A day-long conference on the art of writing. Cost to attend is free but pre-registration is suggested because of limited space. All efforts will be made to accommodate drop-in participants. Presenters include: Greg Luke (Mystery/Thriller); Gale Sears (Inspirational Fiction); Janet Summer Johnson (Jfiction); John Engler (USU senior lecturer of English); and Nancy Campbell Allen (Inspirational and Fiction author). For more information, call the library at 435-716-9123 or visit http://library.loganutah.org/write/.
n Utah State University will host the Music Box Concert Series, Double Bass Ensemble at 11 a.m. at the Chase Fine Arts Center, Room 104. Bring a pillow or a blanket since most activities will take place on the floor. Please acknowledge that the Music Box Concert Series might take photographs of the participants and attendees during the event and that such photographs might be used by the Music Box Concert Series for advertising purposes.
Please register on Eventbrite to secure your space for the concert. You will receive an email confirmation. Paper tickets are not required.Get your tickets at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/music-box-concert-series-usu-double-bass-ensemble-tickets-54201836151?aff=ebapi.
• BYU Alumni Association-Cache Valley Chapter will present “BYU Living Legends” at 7 p.m. at the theatre, 43 S. Main Street.Child 5-12 yrs: $12; Students 9th-12th: $15; Seniors 65+: $15; BYU Alumni: $2 off.
• Imagine This Logan will host a charcoal painting session at 7 p.m. at 990 S. Main Street, Logan, Suite F-1.
• The WhySound Venue will host Ritt Momney w/ Raspberry Protocol at 7:30 p.m. Cost is $8.
• The Cache Venue will host the Red Dress Party at 8 p.m. The Cache Venue, 119 S. Main Street, Logan. Cost is $20. Proceeds will help fund an educational installation of the Stonewall Inn Uprising’s 50th Anniversary during June. If you would just like to donate, you can by going to https://www.loganpride.org/donate. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
• Utah State University will host PoBev!, an event where people can read poetry and sip on a beverage, at 9 p.m. in the ballroom of the Taggart Student Center on campus.
• Caffe Ibis will host the Blazin’ Aces Duo at 2 p.m. at the Ibis, 52 Federal Ave., Logan.
SUNDAY, JAN. 27
• Caffe Ibis will host Nora Barlow at 2 p.m. at the Ibis, 52 Federal Ave., Logan.
MONDAY, JAN. 28
• The Logan Library will host Movie Night at the library, 255 N. Main Street, Logan. The film shown will be “Love, Simon.” (PG-13). The event is free and popcorn will be provided. For more information, contact the library at 435-716-9123.
• The Cache Valley Center for the Arts will host “King Henry IV Part 1-Logan Youth Shakespeare” at 7 p.m. at the Bullen Center, 43 S. Main Street, Logan. Cost is $4 to $8. Additional showings are scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 31 and Friday, Feb. 1 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, Feb. 2 at 2 p.m. To get your tickets, go to https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/4048690?ref=349591.
TUESDAY, JAN. 29
The Logan Library will host toddler story time at 11 a.m. at the library. The event is free. Toddle story times take place at the same time and place on Wednesdays and Thursdays. For more information, contact the children’s librarian at email@example.com or call 435-716-9135.
The Logan Library will host preschool story times are at 11 a.m. at the library. The event is free. Preschool story times will also take place Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• Utah State University will host English professor Ben Gunsberg at 1:30 p.m. in room 101 of the Merrill-Cazier Library for a reading of his new book, “Welcome, Dangerous Life.”
• The Logan Library will host Teen Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. at the library, 255 N. Main Street, Logan. For more information, contact Laura Nelson, the young adult librarian, at 435-716-9134 or the Logan Library at 435-716-9123.
• The Logan Library will host Spanish story time for all ages at 6 p.m. in the library.
• Learn to belly dance at 7 p.m. the Whittier Center, 290 N. 400 East, Logan. For more information, contact Joyce at Shimmering Sands Belly Dance, Shimmeringsandsbellydance@gmail.com or call 435-760-1789.
• The WhySound Venue will host open mic night at 7 p.m. Cost is $2.
• Utah State University Student Association will host Sk80s night, bowling, and laser tag at Cache Valley Fun Park for Traditions Week at 8 p.m. at the Cache Valley Fun Park, 255 E. 1770 North, North Logan. Make sure you wear your 80s clothes and bring your friends for a fun night. For more information, contact Lexie Jex at 8017257697 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 30
• The Logan Library will host Spanish-language preschool story time at 10:15 at the library.
• The Logan Library and Utah State University will host a writing workshop called, “Sensory Sensei: Making your Poetry an Experience” at 6 p.m. in the library, 255 N. Main Street, Logan. Luke Lemmon of the USU Writing Center will be the instructor. For more information, contact Janelle Hyatt 435-797-0289 or email email@example.com.
• The Logan Library will host preschool and toddler storytimes at the library. The event is free. For more information, contact Becky Smith at 435-716-9135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
THURSDAY, JAN. 31
• The North Logan Library will host a short story writing contest at 12 p.m. and Friday, Feb. 1, at the same time, at the library, 475 E. 2500 North, North Logan. Submit to win a Chromebook Laptop and to be featured as a special guest on the storyboard podcast. For more information, contact the library at 435-716-9123.
• Utah State University will host Claire Chenette, an oboe player with the Knoxvile Symphony Orchestra, at 5 p.m. in the Family Life Building in the Caine Room.
• The WhySound Venue will host the Utah singer-songwriter showcase at 7:30 p.m. Cost is $8.