Rich County firefighters responded to a structure fire at the Harbor Village Condominiums near Bear Lake on Monday afternoon.
According to Mike Wahlberg, chief of the Garden City Fire District, firefighters were called out to the report of an explosion and fire at the four-unit complex just after 5 p.m.
No one was home in any of those four units when the fire started, he said.
Two of the units were burning when firefighters from Garden City, Laketown and Bear Lake County arrived, he said.
The fire appears to have originated outside of the structure with the explosion of a leaky propane tank that sent a fireball up to a second-story deck, where the fire moved inside the structure.
The fire briefly spread to a nearby area of brush, where it burned about 500 square feet of land. This fire was quickly put out by the first brush truck to arrive on scene, Wahlberg said.