construction accident

Construction workers gather around at the scene of an accident on Thursday in Logan.

Support Local Journalism

One person was hospitalized on Thursday afternoon after an electrical panel explosion at a construction site on Utah State University’s Innovation Campus.

Around 12:45 p.m., according to scanner traffic, an explosion was reported near the Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom. The incident occurred just north of the restaurant at a building under construction on the USU Innovation Campus.

A spokesperson for the USU Police Department around the time of the incident said an electrical panel “blew up,” resulting in injury.

Logan City Fire Marshal Craig Humphries told The Herald Journal the incident was under investigation by USU Police but confirmed one male was transported to a local hospital for treatment.

USU spokesperson Amanda DeRito said the man injured was not a USU employee but was employed by a contractor.

Neither DeRito nor Humphries knew the extent of the man’s injuries as of Thursday.

Please be aware that Cache Valley Publishing does not endorse, and is not responsible for alleged employment offers in the comments.

Recommended for you