Slow smolder

Slow smolder

Firefighters enter a home in Providence on Monday afternoon to extinguish a fire smoldering in the walls, believed to have been sparked during plumbing repairs earlier that day. No one was injured, and damages are believed to be minor.

Support Local Journalism

After responding to a house fire in Providence on Monday afternoon, firefighters mostly found smoke and a minor fire inside the home's walls believed to have been sparked by plumbing repairs.

Fire crews responded to a reported house fire at 331 E. 525 South in Providence at about 1:15 p.m. Monday afternoon. Cache County Fire Marshal Craig Humphreys said a small fire smoldering inside the home's walls was likely caused by a spark from plumbing repairs done at the house nearly six hours earlier. No one was injured, and damages are believed to be minor.

As a safety precaution, electricity to the structure was cut, and firefighters at the scene reported spraying water in parts of the building, according to scanner traffic.

After about 20 minutes at the home, several of the fire trucks that initially responded were returned to service.

Please be aware that Cache Valley Publishing does not endorse, and is not responsible for alleged employment offers in the comments.

Recommended for you